I really considered making a list here of all of the things I packed for my two-night stay in the Adirondacks but it was long. Too long. And besides that, if you're anything like me, you already know how to overpack so I don't think I need to tell you. And the only picture I took of all of my belongings laid out on my bed included my skivvies and nobody wants to see those, so that's that.
However, I did discover what I believe are some summer essentials this weekend (and it definitely feels like summer is here and I am looooooving it) -- those pieces that you think will walk away from you come August because you've worn them so much. And here they are:
1) Pretty, three-quarter length T-shirts to cover up sunburns at the end of the day and keep you a little warmer during chilly nights.
2) A wide-rimmed sunhat to keep you feeling glamorous and (somewhat) protected from the sun's harmful UV rays.
3) Brightly colored nail polishes to keep your digits and piggies looking fresh and fun. I like all of these hues so much I may try an ombre manicure so I can use all of them at once. Will it look ridiculous? I don't care. I'm expressing myself.
4) I was a little naughty this weekend and bought these sunnies on a whim, but I don't care because I'm worth it. But what I'm actually trying to say is that besides giving you that mysterious je ne se quois look (I know that doesn't make sense but just let me DO IT, okay?), oversized sunglasses help protect your eyes and the sensitive skin around them from the damaging and aging effects of the sun. Eric thinks I look crazy in these. I think I look crazy in everything, because I am crazy. Pair these with your giant sunhat like I did and you'll turn a lot of heads!
5. An oversized straw tote for hauling all of your summer necessities from Point A to Point B -- I buy one of these every. single. summer. They always end up in shreds by September. Apparently bags made of straw aren't that durable. But I don't mind because it gives me an excuse to buy a new one the next year! Here is the 2012 edition. It fits everything and screams, "WARM WEATHER, I'm here!"
6. Last, but not least, a good pair of slip-ons. These have been a main staple of my wardrobe forever and ever because I
What are some of your summer essentials?